Directory of support for antisocial behaviour

Dfuse works to support people take action to resolve conflict in their communities. Using the right approaches you may often be able to manage anti-social behaviour and challenging situations without help from anybody else. Sometimes though you may need extra help. Sometimes you may need the confidence that extra support or specialist advice provides. If the situation is dangerous you should always choose a safe response and get additional help.


This short guide gives you some ideas on who you might call for help.


Who to call When to call How to contact
Police Emergency In an emergency such as a crime is in progress, someone suspected of a
crime is nearby, there is danger to life or when violence is being used or
Call: 999
Police Non-Emergency For all other reasons to call the police Call: 101
Police – finding your local police service To find out more about local police initiatives Web and enter your postcode
British Transport Police To report non emergency crime including anti social behaviour on trains or train stations Text: 61016 or call: 0800405040
Metropolitan Police – roadsafe London To report dangerous driving anti social behaviour on the streets of London Web
Crimestoppers To report information about a crime anonymously Web or call 0800 555 111
For support managing noise e.g. noisy neighbours etc. Web and enter your postcode
Dog Warden (Local Council) For concerns about dog fouling or a dangerous dog Web and enter your postcode
Trading standards For support in managing somebody who is ‘doorstepping’ you e.g. trying to sell you something at your door and not leaving etc. or somebody selling dangerous or
fake items
Call: 08454 040506
Mediators For support in managing on-going problems with someone, for example neighbours Web for an approved list of mediators
Citizens Advice Bureau For legal advice Web and enter your postcode
This information is regularly updated but if you find an error or if you know of another service which should be added to the list then please email: